I am blogging this because I am proud of it
We are learning about weight and capacity
Weight and Capacity
I filled a box with 16 of the tissue boxes on the table so they fit snuggly. What could the measurements of the large box be?
At the supermarket Mum brought exactly 12 L of drink. She bought some soft drink and some fruit juice. Some were in boxes of cans, some were bottles etc. What drinks collection could she have bought?
Sizes are - cans 355 ml s, small bottles of juice 300mls, small bottles of fizz are 330mls, big bottles 2L, middle size 1 and 1/2L, big big bottles of juice 3L and the medium size is 1L.
- 21 cans-7L, 1 Big big bottle of juice 3L=10L, 1 Big bottle 2L=12L.
- 33 cans-11L, Medium juice bottle 1L=12L
- 3 big big bottle of juice- 3, 3L=9L, 3 medium juice- 1L=3L=12L
If a dog's weight is rounded to 18kg - what are some of the possibilities that his weight could be?
18.4, 18.1, 18.3, 18.2
17.5, 17.6, 17.7, 17.8, 17.9
Create the mix of fruit in a fruit bowl where the fruit weighs 2.4 kgs. Weigh the fruit - banana, apple, lemon, mandarin and pear. Work out your mix of fruit.
- 100 ⅕ apple, 4 banana, 2 pear = 2.4kgs
- 10 leamons, 2 bananas, 4 pears, ⅖ apple